What if I do not agree with my property's assessed value?

Every year from March through May, the appraisal district sends out notices to property owners whose property values are subject to change. During this period, the property owner may meet with the appraisers and try to come to an agreement. If the property owner is not in agreement with the value, he/she may file a protest and have their case heard by the Appraisal Review Board. The protest, however, must be filed by the deadline given by the appraisal office.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Tax Office located?
2. What are property taxes?
3. How is the amount of taxes I pay determined?
4. Which entity is responsible for appraising my property's value?
5. What if I do not agree with my property's assessed value?
6. Which local taxing units may tax my property?
7. What is an exemption and what exemptions does the City of Eagle Pass offer?
8. Where can I report a change in ownership or mailing address?
9. What if I get a tax bill for a property that I already sold?
10. When are property taxes due? What are the late fees?
11. When do tax bills become delinquent?
12. Does your office honor post-marked mail payments?
13. What payment methods does the Tax Office accept?