What if my property is not zoned commercial?

All properties within city limits have a zoning district classification such as:

  • Apartment
  • Commercial
  • Industrial
  • Residential

In order to change the classification, an ordinance has to be passed by the City Council. In considering zoning changes, several factors are substantially reviewed, such as:

  • Abutting property owners' objections/comments
  • Aesthetics
  • Compliance with City Master Plan
  • Harmony of use within area

The process takes approximately 3 months, starts with an application and ends with adoption of the ordinance. Cost for application is $150. Please contact the Planning Department for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Who needs an alcoholic beverage license?
2. Who issues the alcoholic beverage license?
3. How is the City of Eagle Pass involved in alcoholic beverage licenses?
4. What if my property is already zoned commercial or designated as a wet zone?
5. What if my property is not zoned commercial?
6. What if my property is not designated as wet?
7. What if I want to hold a special or temporary event?
8. What if my building was not constructed for these types of establishments?
9. Where do I find city ordinances on these processes?
10. What is the contact information for the city?